Friday, October 29, 2010

Dear Lord Forgive August 1, 1948

If I have wounded any
                 heart, I pray,
If I have led one soul
                  astray;
If I have walked forbidden
                  ways--
Dear Lord forgive.

If I have caused some
                  heart to bleed,
Or turned aside from
                  those in need;
If I have sponsored
                  selfish greed--
Dear Lord forgive.

If I have craved another's
                  pleasures,
Or longed too much for
                  earthly treasures;
Neglected good things
                  without measure--
Dear Lord forgive.

Forgive my sins I ask of
                  Thee--
The secret sins I may
                  not see;
The narrow way-- wilt
                  Thou lead me--
Teach me to live.
                                                       V.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment