Friday, October 29, 2010

Roads I Like

I like a road that leads away somewhere
Into a lovely place for secret prayer,
A road that leads where God is there.

I like a road with a border of shadowy trees
Inhabited by mockingbirds and humming bees,
Where many songsters mix their lullabies.

A road beside a cottage, then a hill,
All near a field beside a shining rill,
The joy of pastures green my heart to fill.

I like a road with the fingerprints of God,
A road I know my Master often trod,
A road that has His smile and approving nod.

I like a road that is straight and always
                                  fair
That leads unto a place for secret prayer--
A road that always leads where God is there.
                                                                           V.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment