Sunday, November 7, 2010

Close to My Heart (to friend Mae) February 14, 1948

I have a great treasury
                     of riches
That I found in the
                     long ago years.
They've been close to
                     my heart through the
                                        ages
In all of my joys and
                     my tears.
They're the friends whose
                     love I shall cherish,
Among them you've played
                     a great part--
Time cannot change the
                     sweet memories,
So, always you're close
                     to my heart.
Close to my heart are
                     memories
Of the days in the dear
                     long ago--
I'm glad we're still the
                     same dear friends
And may time keep
                     us so!
                                                V.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment