Saturday, November 13, 2010

An Inventory of Life January 3, 1949

I took time out for an inventory today
Of joys that life has strewn along my
                       way;
A dream or two which had been allowed
                       to rust
Now cast a gleam of gold through
                       gathering dust.

I trod the paths that led to sleeping
                      years,
In Memory's room I stopped and left
                      some tears.
I peered within the attic of my heart
As I with old-time relics now must part.

The keepsakes of old years I almost touch,
They still are dear and I love them very
                      much;
And while old memories like a tear drop
                      gleam,
I steal away and with me take a dream.
                                                      V.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment