Monday, November 8, 2010

Prayer's Garden Gate September 1, 1948

If just one word that I
          have said
Should make a sad heart
          lighter,
It will have been a
          blessed thought
To make the world
          seem brighter.

If just one song that
          I have sung
Should make some
          soul less weary
And give to all more
          happiness
My world would seem
          less dreary.

If just one deed that
          I have done
Should start kind
          deeds to growing,
Soon there would be
          a garden filled
With winds of kindness
          blowing.

If just one prayer that
          I have prayed
Should make one heart
          be purer,
Prayer's Garden Gate would
          open wide
With the hope of Heaven
          surer.
                                         V.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment