Monday, November 8, 2010

Souls Immortal The Muse of 1943

I little dreamed that morn as you went walking
Adown the path to school on your first day;
A little lad with half a fear of something;
A little lad who knew not what to say.

Your little suit of courage decked with grandeur,
And splendor stood beside you, yet alone,
A little lad with half a fear of something,
That Fate could hardly wait to guide you on.

I could not know that Time was a daily calling,
That strangest notes of glory filled the air,
Enveloping in uniforms of Splendor,
Dear you, my little lad, with tousled hair.

I little dreamed that day a cloak of glory
Was wrapping you in folds I could not see--
A country's call--a county's laurels--
No dream--but Immortality.
                                       V.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment